Ruffled Crepe Paper Christmas Trees

Another Variation on the DIY Christmas Tree!


I know what you're thinking....

Does this woman just sit at home and make crafts all day long?

Does she have a life? Does she really have kids and a husband? Does she really cook homemade meals for her family? Is her house really clean?

Yes, yes, yes and...sort of :) How's that for being honest??

Actually, I have been "crafty" for most of my life and a blogger for only 3 1/2 months...so several of the projects I'm showing you are things I created years ago...but they're still worth sharing because I still love them and use them in my holiday decorating.

These trees are one such decoration. I made them about 7 years ago and they've held up very well.

They were created using crepe paper...you know, streamers like you buy for birthday parties.


The original tutorial for these trees can be found at Creative Chaos. Karen does a great and funny job at walking you through the whole process.

You do need to have a sewing machine for this project. The ruffles are created by sewing with a basting stitch using a tight tension. The crepe paper ruffles beautifully and is then hot glued to a paper or cardboard cone shape. I opted for cardboard for the stability it offers and think that's why my trees have held up so well for so many years.


Once all the ruffles are added to your cone, you can add glitter, pearls, flowers and any other embellishments you desire. Even a little banner declaring 'Christmas Blessings'!

I love the soft and shabby look that these trees have. They are so beautiful!


Okay, now I'm off to whip up a fancy 8-course dinner and iron the bed sheets!

Just kidding :)




Sharing with:
Share Your Cup Thursday
Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop
Tickled Pink Times Two
Inspiration Gallery
Be Inspired - Common Ground
Feathered Nest Friday
 photo 1001954_10101065966207063_96074138_n_zpsa41e371a.jpg Elizabeth and Co. treeparty2013

SIGN UP FOR FREE DIY TUTORIALS

share this post
more

Comments

Post a Comment

Your comments are like sunshine and chocolate! Thanks for taking the time to leave a nice one ;) I read all comments and love to respond if you leave your name and email! Otherwise, please look for my response under the post where you left it!